from extension courses to classroom curriculum for self-education and learning opportunities
- Herring Gut Learning Center
- Through hands-on study and experience in aquaculture and marine science, we teach students to embrace learning, appreciate science and the environment, and help them grow as individuals.
- The Algae Foundation
- The Algae Academy is a K-12 Algae STEM Initiative to educate and excite students on the power of algae.
- Fishadelphia is a community based fisheries program run by high school students in South Philadelphia!
- After school program curriculum: Fishadelphia how to manual
- Maine Seaweed Exchange
- Slow Fish
- ATEC Announces Algae Culture Extension Short-Course (ACES): Part 1: Macroalgae
- This FREE Algal Culture Extension Short-course (ACES) is the extension/outreach component of the Algae Technology Education Consortium (ATEC). Part 1 covers Macroalgae and is designed for those in commercial marine industries seeking to learn the basic skills to grow seaweeds. Marine Agronomy offers commercial fishermen, lobstermen, finfish and shellfish farmers the opportunity to grow seaweeds adding a second income stream to their endeavors.
- Click here to register
- Algae Technology Education Consortium
- The seaweed course is an online compendium of videos chosen and newly created to give a thorough initiation into the culture of various commercial seaweeds, including kelps, for those interested in getting started in algal-based aquaculture.
- Aquaculture in Shared Waters Curriculum
- The Aquaculture in Shared Waters program prepares fishermen to start an aquaculture venture, with associated research to understand the attitudes, perceptions and knowledge of fishermen with respect to this change.
- Citizens for Responsible Aquaculture
- International blog for and by coastal communities concerned with the negative impacts of industrial-scale fish farms. Includes viewpoints of community members from Canada, USA, Norway, Ireland and Chile.
- Global Seaweed Project, SAMS
- This project aims to create a global ambitious network of partners tackling emerging issues in seaweed cultivation (e.g. pests, invasives, pathogens), using a combination of two-way knowledge transfer and community-oriented research activities.
- Maine Seaweed
- The Algae Foundation
- The Algae Foundation provides K-16, graduate and post graduates travel grants to attend the ABO summit and present their academic oral presentations or posters supporting their future education or employment potentials.
- Introduction to Algae Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
- This course brings together some of foremost algae experts from industry and academia to share their experience and understandings of the fundamentals of algae.